We understand that as a parent, choosing the right person to care for your child in your absence is so important. It is crucial to find that special someone. Someone you and your child just click with. Who you can place your full confidence in. The right person to provide your child with the care and support to help them to thrive during your hours apart.
Here are a few suggestions to help you along the road to finding your perfect childminder:
- Search our childminding listings for a list of Ofsted/CSSIW/SCSWIS registered childminders in your area. Parents should always confirm a childminder’s current Ofsted/CSSIW/SCSWIS status by requesting to view their certificate. (If you can’t find a childminder listed in your area we will do our best to help you find one! Just complete the enquiry form below.)
- Choose and make appointments to visit at least 2 or 3 different childminders
- Ask lots of questions about them and the service they provide. Ask to see their prospectus, Baring and disclosure check (formally CRB), public liability insurance and first aid certificates.
- Ask the childminder what they do on a typical day, what kind of activities they offer and places they may visit.
- Check the rates (and what is included) with the childminder and ensure they can do the days and timings you need.
- Always ensure that you have checked and read a written contract and that you both sign and get a copy of the contract, even if its short term
Most importantly, listen to your gut and always discuss any concerns, issues or questions you might have with your childminder.
Get started now and find your perfect childminder. There’s no need to register but you can upgrade to our Parent Plus feature to have full access to all childminders and send direct enquiries straight to their inbox.Search for a childminder now Upgrade to Parent Plus